So, am I the only person a bit fuzzy on what Labor Day is actually about? I just googled it to make sure I know what it really celebrates – the American worker, in short.
That includes parents, right? I mean, this is my job – to raise my kids every day. I might have a small gig here or there, but for the very most part my job is parenting:
- Washing everyone’s clothes
- Washing dishes
- Cooking three meals a day
- Planning activities for the kids
- Managing the family calendar, including health appointments for all 4 of us
- Managing the household budget
- Cleaning the bathrooms, kitchen, floors, etc.
- Teaching my kids their letters, numbers, writing, manners, etc.
- Chauffeuring my kids and myself
- Etc. (much etc.)
Am I right, parents? We’re a bit busy. (And many of you parent and have a full-time or part-time job, too – double great job to you!!!) So … happy holiday to you and me! Let’s celebrate all we do and achieve!
I had a fun post planned to discuss mom versus dad parenting, but I figured most of us would be barbecuing today instead of reading blogs (the way it should be, eh?). I’ll save that for next week, I think.
So here are a few funny – and very popular (thanks, Google) – parenting memes for you to giggle over. True, are they not?
Enjoy your “day off,” parents!!!